Los Angeles DUI Defense Lawyer – With Over 10 Years Of Trial Attorney Experience
Attorneys Fighting DUI Charges For Over 10 Years
- Award-winning lawyer serving Los Angeles and the surrounding communities.
- Our top attorneys defend clients charged with violent crimes, sex crimes, gang crimes, drug crimes and other offenses.
- Experienced lawyers using a criminal defense strategy that’s both honest and aggressive.
- Our of our law firm demonstrate the level of the trust and satisfaction our clients experience, making us one of the best law firms in L.A. County, CA.
If you are arrested and charged with DUI in southern California, while it’s treated as a very serious crime, there’s no reason to believe that an arrest automatically means a conviction. What you’ll need to do is to contact a DUI attorney with over a decade of experience and an impressive record of success.
That attorney is Douglas Miranda, who represents clients charged with driving under the influence in Los Angeles and across southern California. If you need a defense lawyer to defend you in a drunk driving or drugged driving case, call the Miranda Rights Law Firm as quickly as possible, as we can provide legal advice and help represent you in the courts.
Anyone who drives under the influence of alcohol or drugs faces the risk of arrest, accident, injury, and possibly worse. The best choice is not to drink at all if you anticipate driving. If you are charged with DUI in southern California – even if it’s a first offense – you’ll need aggressive legal representation from a DUI defense lawyer. The Miranda Rights Law Firm will:
- Scrutinize the details of your case: Every DUI case is different, and the laws in California are designed to treat them differently. For starters, a traffic stop and arrest must be compliant with approved police procedures and with the law. The arresting officer should have probable cause for stopping you and administering a DUI test. The second factor that comes into play is the amount of alcohol a driver has consumed. The law compels police officers to arrest any driver whose blood alcohol content level measures at or above the legal limit of 0.08 percent. Another factor is your criminal and driving history and prior DUI convictions. The penalties for DUI convictions are harsher with each successive conviction. Any damages and injuries caused by driving under the influence will also be taken into account when D.U.I. charges are brought against you. You may also be required to go through alcohol education and rehab. In most cases, if you are convicted of a misdemeanor first-offense DUI, you will be ordered to attend 30 hours in a certified alcohol rehab program lasting three months. For a second conviction within ten years, in most cases, you’ll be required to attend classes, group counseling, and individual counseling for at least 18 months. A third conviction in ten years can mean 30 months of classes and counseling. Convicted drivers who reside outside California may be allowed to attend comparable classes and counseling programs in their own state.
- Explain your options: After we review the details of your case, we explain your legal options and recommend those that are in your best long-term interests. Very few DUI cases actually go to trial. In the case of certain types of DUI offenses, you may settle your case with a plea deal. The Miranda Rights Law Firm will work to have your drunk driving charge dismissed, or if that’s not possible, we will seek to have the offense reduced. If an acceptable agreement with the prosecutor cannot be reached, we will usually ask a jury of your peers to find you not guilty. Of course, in some cases the evidence against a client is overwhelming and a conviction cannot be avoided. Still, the Miranda Rights Law Firm will work for reduced or alternative sentencing on your behalf.
- Defend your rights: Being arrested and charged for drunk driving or driving under the influence of a drug or even prescription medication does not automatically make you guilty. The prosecution still has to prove your guilt beyond any reasonable doubt. Until you are convicted, you must be considered innocent. We’ll make sure that your rights are protected.
- Guide you through the legal process: From the initial consultation to the conclusion of your DUI case, we guarantee and promise to advise and guide you at every step of the criminal justice process.
If you’re facing any alcohol-related criminal charge in southern California, contact the Miranda Rights Law Firm right away. A conviction for drunk driving in California, even for a first offense, has severe and lasting legal and personal consequences and you could face many additional challenges if your driver’s license is suspended or revoked, but we are ready to fight tenaciously on your behalf.
Mr. Miranda fought hard for 6 months and got my son’s case Dismissed. This is the third time that I have hired the Miranda Rights firm and every time they surpass my expectations. Highly recommended. Un excelente abogado! – Oscar Alvarado
AVOIDING DUI TROUBLE
What’s easier and far less inconvenient than being arrested and prosecuted, of course, is to avoid being charged with DUI at all. These recommendations may help:
- Stop immediately and carefully when a police officer signals you to pull over. Roll down your window, put your hands on the steering wheel, and take a deep breath. If you’re both cooperative and lucky, you’ll only lose a few minutes.
- Know precisely where you placed your driver’s license, registration, and proof of insurance. You’ll look like you are “fumbling” if you can’t find them immediately, and police officers characterize “fumbling” as evidence of intoxication.
- Politely exercise your right to remain silent. Ask for a lawyer and let your lawyer do all the talking.
- If you are asked to submit to a D.U.I. test or a series of tests, politely decline. In California, unless you are 18 or under, or unless you are on probation for a prior DUI, you may legally decline to take breathalyzer and field sobriety tests.
- You may not decline a D.U.I. test after you’ve been lawfully taken into custody, but insist on a blood test, not a breathalyzer exam. Your attorney will deal with the result of the test.
- If you’re planning to drink, call a taxi or car service or designate a driver. If you aren’t driving, you can’t be charged with DUI. If you’re definitely going to drive, don’t drink.
Nothing is more important than your freedom and your future. If despite your best precautions, you nevertheless end up being arrested for DUI in the Los Angeles area, immediately contact a qualified DUI defense attorney who can aggressively fight for justice on your behalf.
TAKE THE FIRST STEP AND CALL NOW
A simple DUI charge might seem rather unimportant, and you might be tempted to go completely without legal counsel. Don’t. Every DUI charge has the potential of landing the defendant in jail, and every DUI conviction entails fines, a license suspension, and time on probation. If you’ve been charged with DUI in Southern California, put an experienced California DUI lawyer to work for you.
After evaluating your case, DUI defense lawyer Douglas Miranda can explain your legal options and develop a defense on your behalf. At the Miranda Rights Law Firm, we take our responsibility to our clients seriously, and we want to put our experience to work for you. To schedule a free consultation with an experienced Los Angeles criminal defense attorney, contact us today by email, or call 213-255-5838. Se habla español.